Timo Flink has the most extensive cataract surgery experience in Finland. Over a period of 25 years, he has performed refractive lens exchange procedures, i.e. cataract and lens surgery, 25,000 times.
At Turun Silmäexpertit Timo mainly focuses on lens and cataract surgery. Lens surgery may be used to free the patient from having to wear spectacles if their eyes cannot be treated by laser surgery. Among factors preventing laser surgery are unsuitability of the corneal structure, large refractive error and cataracts.
- Licentiate in Medicine
- Specialist in Ophthalmology
- Specialised in Eye Surgery
- Turun Silmäexpertit cataract and lens surgery specialist
- Suomen Lääkäriliitto (Finnish Ophthalmological Association)
- Finnish Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (FSCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Suomen Glaukoomaseura